Friday, March 20, 2009

Finally the rooms that we set out to paint are finally done being painted. Me and Tamara did the living room and office a few weeks ago, and while Gabe was out here visiting we put him to work painting the kitchen and bathroom. Yes, he enjoyed himself. Why yes, we have strange notions of vacationing in my family, why do you ask? He did painting for a summer and is good at it, OK? OK.

Tamara and Mom were the ones to pick out the colors, since I am aesthetically colorblind. That is, I can see colors fine, but I have no clue as to what looks good in a room or not. I'd end up painting everything black or pumpkin orange or some crap like that.
The first room to be painted was the living room.

The color on the left is the new color, the one on the right is the craptastic old beige color. Yea. I hate beige. Depending on the light, it looks grey to a light purple. I think it looks welcoming for being in the living room.

Jasmine was quite stressed during the painting ordeal. It didn't help when she wiped her tail through fresh paint, then took off and hid when I tried to grab her to get rid of the paint.... I got rid of most of it, but there's still remnants of paint in her tail. She refused to be photographed for the tail paint photo.

Here's the new office color. I really love the colors of the walls. The forest green really puts me at ease. For some reason it looks lighter in this picture, it's actually a shade darker. Yes, I did paint up near the ceiling to finish off the walls.




Here's the new kitchen color. I think it gives off almost a kind of mexican vibe, with the contrasting color with the cabinets. Gabe and Tamara did a great job at painting it while I was in the bathroom putting up a sheet of drywall that itched something awful, and patched up a bunch of holes that needed to be done.

While we were prepping and painting the bathroom, I noticed something, and now I can't unnotice it.




Wait for it....






Yes, it looks just like 7 eleven nacho cheese! Just. Like it. So I tried some.

No, there are no pics of me barfing it back up, so don't ask.

So that's all for painting for now. I'm not sure what color I'm going to paint the upstairs bedroom yet. I'm debating on using the leftover paint from the living room and lightening it up a bit to use up there, I think it may look nice. Then again painting the walls black would look OK to me too. So I will have no input as to what color the upstairs will be, I'll leave that to more capable hands.

2 comments:

  1. My vote goes to warm colors in the bedroom (yellow/orange tones) just because it makes the room feel so much more warm, and less sterile.


    Coming from the girl with beige (I prefer to think of them as Palomino) walls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually think your nacho cheese is the same color as my walls. Lowes, Valspar, Caramel.

    ReplyDelete